Monday, July 25, 2011

Soon

Just finished the rough draft of the story I've been working on for the past couple weeks. So far it's 33 pages in Microsoft Word, which is about 30 pages longer than I intended it to be. The story has changed so many times in the process of writing it that the 2nd draft of edits might take just as long as it took to make the 1st draft. But I've given myself a deadline.

I have a friend who wants to read it and critique it so I'm going to send it to her by next weekend with whatever I've managed to edit and polish, which might not be much since I have to deal with college and work and such. After she sends me back her critiques, I'll run through it one more time and then post it on here.

At this point I'm not sure how I feel about it. I mean I think it's a decent story but it definitely isn't my best work; to be honest, it has too much of a happy vibe to it. Not that that's a bad thing, but it just feels a bit too cheesy and cliche than what I had intended it to be. But I have so many more story ideas running around in my head that want to be free that I don't really have the energy to commit another couple weeks to this story to change it into something a bit more dark and drizzly. I just want to finish it up and move on.

But for whoever does read it, I hope it will entertain them. I've certainly had some fun writing it. The title is "The Life of Mr. Johnson" and I should be posting it up in a couple more weeks. Sit tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment